Create a Gingerbread A-Frame!
Christmastime is here, time for gingerbread house cheer! We’re sharing our custom A-frame template so you can put the icing on this year's festivities. Download our free printable PDF here!
Building your A-frame is easy so no need to crumble under the pressure. Follow our template and a few simple steps to win this year’s gingerbread house contest, impress your friends, and feel like you’re on a woodsy winter getaway.
- Choose a gingerbread cookie recipe and prepare the dough as directed.
- Roll the prepared and chilled dough on parchment paper until it’s about ¼ inch thick.
- Print our A-Frame template and place it on your rolled dough.
- Cut the dough along the template. (Tip: An X-Acto knife works well on the smaller pieces.)
- Transfer the parchment paper with the gingerbread pieces directly onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake as directed in your cookie recipe.
Cool your gingerbread cookies entirely before assembling your A-frame house with royal icing. (Tip: If the cookies spread a little while baking, use the X-Acto knife to trim up the edges while the cookies are still cool.)
- Decorate away! (And don’t forget to tag us in your photos!)